Office of Science - Mobile
Office of Science asked Q to help expand their digital presence into the mobile space, positioning them as a cutting-edge, technical government agency. Specifically, Q was tasked with extending the agency website’s current Sitecore implementation infrastructure and content structure to minimize content redundancy and additional content migration effort; crafting an intuitive information architecture (IA) and engaging user experience (UX) to facilitate easy content consumption on-the-go; and providing mobile-optimized access to all pages from the standard website.
- Extended the Office of Science’s existing brand design to a mobile-optimized interface
- Adjusted the display of primary navigation to give priority to display of content while still offering easy access to a navigational menu of options and popular pages
- Incorporated best practices for design for mobile devices (for example, creating and positioning elements with regard for finger tap size)
- Adapted multi-column page layouts for one-column display on handheld devices
- Provided for gestural interactions where appropriate