If you have a desire to grow with a dynamic company, make a major difference within the organization, have great advancement opportunities and thrive on working in a fast paced, exciting environment, then this opportunity with agencyQ may be for you.
agencyQ delivers award winning social, mobile and interactive solutions that transform the way organizations reach, engage and inspire their key audiences. With a unique ability to align our creative, technology and marketing acumen with clients’ strategic goals, agencyQ has generated measurable results for a global base of corporations, governments and associations over the past two decades.
We have an immediate opening for a Business Development Manager who will work from our progressive office on K Street, in Washington DC. To learn more about agencyQ, please visit www.agencyq.com
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for cultivating new customer opportunities in the Washington DC metropolitan area and Northeastern United States. He/She will have strong prospecting and relationship building skills and excellent territory development capabilities. His/Her active listening skills will allow him/her to understand a prospect’s business challenges, pain points and their initiatives that can be accomplished by leveraging agencyQ’s strong digital engagement solutions. This digital savvy self-starter will be independent and have very strong communication, writing and presentation skills, and must be detailed oriented and possess strong follow-up skills.
The ideal candidate will have strong sales experience and an existing network that needs agencyQ’s digital engagement solutions.
- Generate new opportunities (prospecting) for agencyQ.
- Qualify the prospect and evaluate the prospect’s capital expenditures and revenue potential.
- Reach out to prospects within a horizontal or vertical segment and mine opportunities within this group.
- Effectively use the company marketing initiatives and collateral (email campaigns, webinars, handouts, demos and other material) to successfully engage new prospects.
- Develop technical and business requirements with internal team for our customer digital engagements. Work with our team to develop detailed proposals to meet customer challenges and win opportunities.
- Provide additional revenue by always being aware of upgrade opportunities within existing engagements, or new opportunities within a customer's organization.
- Use agencyQ’s CRM to record all prospecting activity and account management activity daily.
agencyQ offers all employees competitive compensation, plus a benefit package including medical & life insurance, 401(k) with employer match and PTO.
- Strong communication, follow-up and customer-ready presentation skills.
- Strong writing skills and professional proposal development skills.
- Working knowledge of content management systems, web analytics products, eCommerce platforms, social media solutions and digital marketing products.
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Four years (minimum) of experience selling software or related digital engagements.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum).
NOTE: Please be sure to include a resume with your application.
- Base salary $70K/year
- Potential on-plan commission of an additional $70K annually – $17,500 paid quarterly for on-plan performance.
- Commissions are measured and paid quarterly, 45 days in arrears.
- Plan for 2017 is $375K net new bookings per quarter ($1.5MM per year).
- At plan, 100% of target commission is paid. At 70% to 99% of plan, half of target commission is paid. At 69% or lower of plan, zero commission is paid.
- Once plan is met, additional commission is paid at 3% for incremental new bookings, up to a total of $2.5MM in new bookings. For any new bookings above $2.5MM, commission on incremental new bookings is paid at 4%.
- For purposes of commission, all new bookings revenue is computed less pass-through revenue.
- You must be an employee of agencyQ at the time commissions are paid to receive payment.
- agencyQ reserves the right to modify or cancel any or all variable commissions based on this plan with 30 days written notice.
agencyQ reserves the right to charge back any employee for variable commissions paid when a contract is canceled by the customer, by agencyQ or unpaid or grossly overdue invoices.