The 2019 ASAE Annual Meeting & Exposition is just around the corner, so we’ve put together a quick guide to help you get the most out of your experience.
Every year, association leaders from across the industry gather to learn about the latest technologies and techniques for association management, see inspiring speakers, and connect with other association professionals. This year’s event is happening in the heart of Columbus, OH at the Greater Columbus Convention Center from August 10th - 13th and promises to be an exciting and informative time.
agencyQ will be presenting a Deep Dive on Monday, August 12, titled Translating Innovation into Action: Creating Design Sprints for Your Association in room C150-151 that you won’t want to miss. We’ll discuss common association challenges, the five-day methodology’s steps, and tactics to elicit unconventional creativity from participants. Attendees will then participate in an interactive mock sprint resulting in an action plan that enables participants to turn their organizational obstacles into opportunities through Design Sprints.
What to Do Beforehand
While preparing for ASAE 2019, it’s important to have a plan of what you want to achieve at the event and how you plan on accomplishing it. You can begin by:
- Reviewing the agenda to pick the sessions you want to see
- Looking over the map for a list of exhibitor booths you want to visit
- Reading up on news from the industry
- Connecting with people you know from the industry who might be attending (like us, for example)
What to Bring
Before you make your way to Columbus, you’ll want to be sure you have all the conference essentials:
- Extra business cards
- Walking shoes
- Hand sanitizer
- Extra phone charger (Pro tip: bring a power strip to make new friends at the outlet)
Things to See & Do at ASAE
Once you're at the conference, here a few must-see items:
- Come say hello to agencyQ at booth #1761 to get to know the team and pick up some great info on Design Sprints.
- Participate in the 5K Fun Run/Walk or Yoga, both starting at 6 A.M. Sunday morning at North Bank Park.
- See the ASAE Engagement Theater's discussion entitled "Help Your Members. Help Your Org. Non-Dues Revenue Solutions" on Monday at 8:00 in Union Station Ballroom B.
- Catch the ASAE Foundation's The Classic on Monday at 7:30 P.M. featuring a performance by singer and Ohio-native John Legend.
- Stay for the ASAE Closing Ceremony on Tuesday at 7:00 P.M. where EXPRESS Live will be filled with food, fashion, and headlined by country artist Brad Paisley.
What to Do While in Columbus
Columbus also has a variety of attractions near the convention center you’ll want to see in your downtime:
- Travel along North High Street or head southwest into the Arena District to experience Columbus’ excellent selection of restaurants and bars.
- For some fresh air, stop by Goodale Park near the convention center or head south to the Scioto Greenway to take in scenic views of the city.
- Tour one of the many breweries/cideries/distilleries that can be found around the area.
- Check out COSI, the Columbus Center of Science and Industry, where the opening reception of ASAE will be held Saturday evening from 7:00-9:30
- Learn more at the official Columbus tourism site.
The ASAE Annual Meeting & Exhibition is sure to be an insightful and invigorating time, and agencyQ is proud to be a presenter and exhibitor at this year's conference. We're also proud to have been enabling associations to engage their members, achieve their mission, and drive non-dues revenue for over 20 years.